Monday, August 13, 2007

Trash Treasures - Madrid Photos / Fotos

The newest addition to my photography related gear is an old wooden drawer I found in the street one night, coming home from a bar, slightly sauced. Alas, not so drunk as to not realize a perfect opportunity to snag a useful item from the street.

It wouldn't be the first time either. In my old flat I had three large chairs of different shapes, shades of brown and sizes, all of which I had found in the street. How!? Where!? Why!? Well once a month the city has a "throw out your old furniture" day so special vehicles can come around and collect them. If you are quick enough and lucky enough you can snag some real finds. Just be sure to grab or stake your claim (sometimes friends need to be called when the rare and often sought sofa is left curbside) before the gypsy resalers get there first, they are even faster than the city employees!


-Justin

No comments: