Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Eggcellent Food - Madrid Photos / Fotos

Today was my first day of adventure in the treacherously difficult jungles of food photography. I've never had much luck with it, and I've only tried it on a handful of occasions with little to no success. Alas, I think I have finally cracked the secret of this "eggnigma" with the cleaver use of lighting and a proper lens.

In this particular shot I'm using my new Nikkor 50mm F/1.8 prime and an SB-600 speed light (in wireless mode). As far as lenses and flashes go they are about as "bang-for-the-buck" as they come and on top of that I made a "softbox" light diffuser out of a shoe box!

Oh and if you still aren't eggxactly sure why I keep finding places to stick in an "egg," the dish pictured is a Spanish "Tortilla," Spain's version of an omelette.

- Justin

No comments: